Assisted Living & Nursing Homes
Senior living facilities play a crucial role in serving our communities and citizens. Whether your business focuses on active adult communities, senior apartments or condominiums, or nursing homes, we provide personalized insurance solutions to meet your specific needs.
With over 40 years of experience providing insurance for nursing homes and assisted living facilities, JJ Insurance has the expertise to help you build a comprehensive insurance plan that meets your needs. Contact us today for more information.
What Insurance Coverages Do Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities Need?
Every business is unique in its operations and, consequently, its loss exposures. Having the right insurance portfolio is critical in effectively mitigating the risks you face running an assisted living facility and/or nursing home.
Common coverages that assisted living facilities and nursing homes choose to purchase may include:
- General liability insurance—This coverage may protect your facility if it is found to be legally responsible for another person’s bodily injury or property damage. It may cover legal fees and medical expenses resulting from such incidents up to the policy’s specified limit.
- Professional liability insurance—This insurance type may provide coverage if a client files a lawsuit alleging negligence or failure to perform a service.
- Business income insurance—Also known as business income insurance, this insurance helps provide coverage for lost business income if your business is forced to cease operations following a covered loss.
- Property insurance—Property insurance may help provide coverage if your facility or its furnishings are damaged by covered events such as windstorms or theft. Coverage may also be available to help protect your specialized medical equipment.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This coverage may help provide wage replacement and pay medical expenses if an employee experiences a work-related injury or illness.
- Directors and officers insurance—This may provide coverage for your facility’s directors or officers if they are sued for a decision they made on behalf of the facility.
- Employment practices liability insurance—This coverage may provide protection if your facility is sued for wrongful employment practices such as discrimination, harassment or wrongful termination.
- Commercial auto insurance—If your nursing home or assisted living facility owns or operates vehicles, this may provide coverage for the exposures and liabilities associated with their use.
Depending on the nature of your business and the scope of its operations, you may need to purchase additional coverage. Contact JJ Insurance to discuss your insurance needs and a member of our team will help you determine what lines of coverage may be right for you.
Let’s Work Together
At JJ Insurance, our four decades of experience in insuring businesses in this industry, plus our individual approach to each of our clients, ensure that you’re in great hands working with us. Contact us today to learn more about our insurance offerings and how we can help you protect your assisted living facility or nursing home.