As independent agents JJ Insurance works with the best carriers in the world, like Travelers, Safeco, Allied, Nationwide, Auto-Owners, Progressive, to find you the best policy at the best rates possible. Call us at 303.871.8880 or request your free quote now!
Your car is valuable to you. In fact, it probably represents one of your most expensive investments. To protect all you’ve put into your vehicle, you need auto insurance.
What is Auto Insurance?
Essentially, car insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. It’s there to protect you from financial losses because of accidents you cannot control. If you have a wreck or other accident, your insurer agrees to pay for some or all the vehicle’s damage and other losses. For the simple cost of a policy premium, you’ll have financial security in case of unfortunate mishaps.
What do Auto Policies Cover?
Almost all drivers have choices about what’s in their policies. Most can contain a variety of protections:
- Liability Insurance: Insures you against damage you cause others if you are at-fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for their medical bills (and in some cases deaths)
- Property damage liability pays for damage to the other driver’s property, like their car.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, like weather damage.
- Medical Coverage: Pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: Insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance and rental car coverage.
Ask your agent how to add these protective elements to your coverage.
Why do you need Car Insurance?
Most states require you to carry at least some of this coverage, usually liability insurance. Still, don’t sell yourself short by taking the bare minimum in protection. Let your agent help you determine a more comprehensive coverage portfolio.
Automobile owners in Colorado are required to carry liability insurance. Liability insurance covers bodily injury to another person or property damage to another’s vehicle or property when the insured is at fault for an accident. The following minimum coverages are required by the state, although higher coverages may be purchased:
$25,000 for bodily injury or death to any one person in an accident;
$50,000 for bodily injury or death to all persons in any one accident; and
$15,000 for property damage in any one accident.
Any individual who has over 25 vehicles registered to his or her name may qualify as a self‑insurer by applying for a certificate of self‑insurance from the state Insurance Commissioner. The Insurance Commissioner must ensure that the individual will be able to pay the minimum coverages required by the state. For more information on self‑insurance, contact the state’s Division of Insurance within the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
We cannot understate the importance of having adequate coverage. It will help you protect yourself financially. Rather than put your savings on the line trying to pay for a damaging accident, let your insurance step in. In the end, you’ll be glad you always carried coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
From initial contact to ongoing policy support, we’re here to help you make the most of car insurance. Our independent agents fully understand the intricacies of individual policies. We guarantee you’ll always have a support system in us. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare to get covered:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Contact us today!
Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a personalized auto insurance policy right now! Contact us at 303.871.8880 or request an online quote right now!