As independent agents JJ Insurance works with the best carriers in the world, like Travelers, Safeco, Allied, Nationwide, Auto-Owners, Progressive, to find you the best policy at the best rates possible. Call us at 303.871.8880 or request your free quote now!
Home is your safe haven. It’s where you raise your family and create memories that extend generations.
JJ Insurance Inc. is committed to helping every client get quality insurance benefits that will protect them in all parts of their lives. If you are a homeowner, or are embarking on the journey of buying your first home, then you must adequately insure the property with a home insurance plan that is customized to fit your precise needs.
Common Homeowners Insurance Questions
What is home insurance?
Your home represents one of the most important investments you will ever make. That value alone is worth protecting, and homeowners insurance will help you do so.
You never know when a hazardous event or natural disaster might occur at your home. It can cause extreme damage and cost thousands of dollars.
However, as a homeowner, you will want to make the necessary repairs to your property without a huge financial strain. Homeowners insurance will pay these recovery costs on your behalf so you can move on from life’s challenges without it costing yourself an arm and a leg.
What does home insurance cover?
Homeowners insurance policies offer a diversity of benefits, each designed to offer targeted protection for a diversity of unexpected, unavoidable issues. These include:
- Structure protection: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached structures coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages – will have coverage.
- Possessions insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional living expense protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Plus, because your home is unique, you can further tailor your benefits with more unique options like:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
We will always customize your plan by helping you tailor your deductibles and overall coverage limits.
How much home insurance do I have to buy?
Most mortgage lenders require homebuyers to purchase homeowners insurance before they approve loan applications. Generally, they will require you to obtain at least enough dwelling coverage for your home’s replacement cost value.
Regardless of any coverage requirement, you should always carry this benefit as part of your comprehensive personal insurance package.
What does home insurance cost?
Multiple factors could influence the cost of your home insurance, including:
- The value of the home
- The home’s location
- Your credit score
- Security features in the home
- Your chosen policy and coverage limits
Our agents are committed to helping clients get the customized policies that are perfect for them. That’s why we’ll work one-to-one with you to determine the best ways to get your home the coverage it deserves at prices you can afford.